In this third month of my 3-month plan, I can say I’ve learned from my experiments. What I’ve learned that I didn’t plan for is that life happens regardless of what my calendar says, and that some things are bigger than my determination. I guess I can add more acceptance to this list of data.
My beta reader returned The Bookie to me today. I’m grateful for her use of chainsaws and pruning shears when I said I couldn’t see the forest for the trees. Her comments and suggestions give me a place to start when it comes to the editing and rewriting phase of this journey from idea to published book. Reminding myself that this isn’t the time to take a break, I’ll begin edits on this 12th novel on Monday.
Adding to my experiment and gathering of data, I’ve dictated half of “The Raid,” the Waldman Investigations Prequel short story into Word, and I’ve decided to type the rest of it. Dictation in Mac doesn’t do smart quotes, and I have to change every apostrophe. I must have spoken too fast, because it missed most of my “new line.” At one point, there were several sentences missing. This should be done by Sunday and sent to my beta reader.
I returned to my spiral for “The Raid,” and for “Desert Zydeco,” my new serial. I’m sticking with 1,000 words/day for now. Once I finish the nonfiction (which is a little more than halfway done) and typing “The Raid,” I may not increase my daily word count for DZ. Editing TB will take time. There is also a short story I want to finish. And though I agreed to give myself three months, I’m thinking I may stretch it to four. It will give me time to get more content ready for Patreon and to publish these three main projects I’ve been plugging away at since the spring. Decisions made on information/data gathered from experiments is ongoing.