Building Fluency: Advanced Number Sense (Print)
Struggling to learn math concepts in grades 6-9?
This six-step process will build a foundation in number sense so students can move forward to advanced classes with confidence. This workbook is designed to lead students from introduction to mastery. It offers multiple ways to practice and several games to play to encourage learning of concepts and skills needed for higher mathematics.
- Modeling: one-page instruction on 17 mathematical concepts for grades 6-9
- Guided Practice: a fill-in-the-blank page that leads through the steps to evaluate, convert, or solve
- Repeated Practice: two pages filled with problems students complete independently
- Done Together: cards to cut out and suggestions for adult-student interaction
- Performance: journal prompts to encourage students to write what they know
- Independence: three quizzes and suggestions on how and when to use them
- Track Your Progress: a chart to keep track of their scores
Try Building Fluency: Advanced Number Sense, and learn foundational math ideas with ease!